On July 10, 2012 we had a brief class of 2 hours in which we discussed about ‘Critical Reading Strategies’. As reference the items have been assigned for reading and Report.
1. THE POSSIBILITY OF SOCIAL CHOICE.
Nobel Lecture, December 8, 1998 by.AMARTYA SEN
2. Art Since 1950
National Gallery of art Washington
3. The Elements of Style by William Strunk
4. My Perspective: A Response to "Syntax at an Early Age". By: Melanie Sperling
5. Magic Realism by Stephen Slemon http://cinema2.arts.ubc.ca/units/canlit/pdfs/articles/canlit116-Magic(Slemon).pdf
6. Don't Begin Sentences with But by George Dorrill www.nwp.org/cs/public/download/nwp_file/468/Dont_Begin_Sentences_with_But.pdf?x-r=pcfile_d
7. White Teeth and Postcolonial Literature www.teachit.co.uk
8. Reading Lolita in Tehran A Memoir in Books
by Azar Nafisi
9. How to Become a Man of Genius
10. A Modest Proposal by Jonathan Swift.
11. Theory of knowledge Published March 2006
Read pages 6 to 40
12. Miss Sarajevo - A documentary by Bill Carter
13. Amistad [Story of Slave revolt on the ship Amistad]
14. We also added a poem titled The Convergence of Twain by Thomas Hardy