Sunday 28 September 2014

অরন্যের দিনরাত্রি - An Appreciation Par Excellence


I was supposed to watch ‘Charulota’ but ‘Aranyer Dinratri’ (অরন্যের দিনরাত্রি ) seemed to be more intriguing. The name happened to, somehow, hook me to it. I actually don’t have any idea about direction, but at least I understood that the camera works were done fabulously. Every single shot was taken so precisely. Every shot made me feel as if I was standing with the characters. Story line was amazing, although it was predictable. But I am sure that it didn’t make the audience feel dull or bored. I don’t know why, people of our generation, can’t make a movie like this. Some of the dialogues were difficult to grasp but the image was enough to understand what they meant. In our society smart means having spiked hair with some expensive dresses on. But I have learnt, through this movie, what smartness mean. The characters expressed everything so rhetorically in Bangla which to me seemed smartness of the finest kind - it didn’t mean that they can’t speak in English. I wish I could speak in sophisticated Bangla like these characters. I am looking forward to watch more movies by Satyajit Ray.  
Shafat Jamil

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments may be moderated by Shahidul Mamun before publishing.