Three Day Hiatus
This is the list of works to be done during the three days our classes are suspended.Our class commences on 20th July. Samirah will work on additional items. I have already assigned additional work for Ifrat and Wasifur. Azima will work on a Manifesto in addition to the following works. Marisa and Susan are requested to send me mails regarding their current engagements. Bushra is also required to inform me her additional work regarding her selection of research papers on her chosen major. Thank You - I hope all these will NOT ruin your festive mood.
1. Watch these films: - Charulata (Bengali film by Satyajit Ray)
- Ryan's Daughter by David Lean (Irish Political Theme)
- The Wind That Shakes The Barley (Irish Political Theme)
2. Read any 3 Poems: - To His Coy Mistress by Andrew Marvell
- Dover Beach by Mathew Arnold
- Musee des Beaux Arts / Night Mail/Unknown Citizen by W. H. Auden
- Dulce Est Decorum Est by Wilfred Owen
- Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock by T. S. Eliot
- Miss Sarajevo (Song and Video) by Bonno and Pavarotti
- Final Soliloquy of Dr. Faustus by Christopher Marlowe
3. ARABY - A Short Story by James Joyce
4. The first 50 words of Parade (Refer to Stressbook 1)
5. Selection of 5 research paper titles and read at least 2. Send links and report on the TWO.
6. Suggest at least TWO ECA that you can start immediately.
7. Send a report on "Capabilities of Effective Engineering Leadership" (from Stressbook 1)
The single most important item would be to select your MAJOR through Extensive Research - the process of which we have already discussed in the last two days.