Today Zahra, Farzana, and Sejal had a little readers' theatre session. They read through J. B. Priestly's "An Inspector Calls." We had been discussing the themes in the play for about a month before we actually sat down to read the text. It's a good old-fashioned post-war play that was popular in England in the 50s. While reading the play the three readers experimented with their own voices, did a lot of Voice Acting (yes!), giggled, and got totally engrossed in the process. Bravo!
Wednesday, January 3, 2018
The experience MAY Be integrated into your Additional Info, Resume, or Activity after you send your applications. I understand that most of you probably did not experience a professional theatre performance on professional stage. This would also introduce you to a very significant part of cultural life. You can bring in as many as 5 friends/family-members. The auditorium has a 500 seat capacity so this wont be a problem. Admission is FREE but ask for invitation card (the image is on right-hand side) within 10th January. The image on your left is from "Laljatra", a theatrical procession carried out by the students of Prachyanat School of Acting and Design. Click to see the enlarged image.
- Submit Additional Info - I will not work on the supplements unless this is done first.
Prepare the Supplements - this time standard of Supps will be more demanding.
- Must start working on General Research Paper. (I suspect NONE has started it yet.)
- Sending a General Research Paper AND a Technical Research Paper will be crucial in securing an Admission and Financial Aid.
- Anyone failing to submit PLAN for 2 Research Papers will be Prevented from attending class from 6th January Onwards. Rufiyat's example should be kept in mind.
- Financial Aid Papers Review - I will start from 9th January onwards.
Monday, January 1, 2018
- Give a FULL review of your CA
- Make sure that your Activity List is Compatible with your Resume
- If you have to send your resume with any of the Application - let me know through the Paper NOTE.
- Additional Info - I will turn to after I finalize ALL essays.
- I would prefer Not to talk at all.
- Today we shall use Messenger very Restrictively.
Wednesday, December 20, 2017
Syud Momtaz). In his profile he is described as "Technical leader and project manager focused on the development of new technologies and products related to the Commercial Solutions Division, with a specific focus on film and coating technologies."
To help yourself more about a different aspect of Momtaz, read through an Article Published in the Daily Star on Momtaz. Here is 2015 The Daily Star article link. Science and Percussions
Everyone is expected to attend.
Everyone is expected to attend.
Wednesday, December 13, 2017
- We had been submitting Add Info along with CA for the past 7 years.
- It is NOT mandatory, but we take this opportunity to SHOWCASE our thoughts which CANNOT be done within the defines of an Essay.
- Contents can really be anything - but, here are some suggestions
- Your READING
- Your ambition
- Your interests apart from your chosen MAJOR
- Your social life
- Your Political opinions
- Your ideas of what it means to be alive (!)
- We are always running SHORT of space in this part - so, most of the time our essay is always 649-650 words.
- Be CASUAL + Scholastic in your language. Make the shifts look VISIBLE.
- Use your Reading List and Resume - to give you clues about what to write.
Friday, December 1, 2017
Today Zahra, Farzana, and Sejal had a little readers' theatre session. They read through J. B. Priestly's "An Inspector Calls....
MIT study [ Excerpted from Wikipedia entry on SAT ] In 2005, MIT Writing Director Les Perelman plotted essay length versus essay...
I had an informal session yesterday with Rafi , Prachy , and Ifrat (he is new with us). I also talked to Silmee , who will join us from 22n...
In this season of SAT/GRE I have induced a number of students to go for a reading of Tagore's Sanyasi OR Ascetic - to a good effect. I...