Wednesday 29 August 2012

SAT - Anthology Reading Report -

Today I have been engaged in an intense reading session. Without gap since 12 I have been able to cover a significant amount of the SAT Anthology. Till now I have found each and every document to be very very helpful and relevant to the preparation for both SAT and application process. Today I have finished reading and noting down the following:
1) Hills Like White Elephants

2) Pessimism and Modern Tragedy
3) Critical Thinking In College Writing

Topics 1 and 3 cover the way a texts are to be interpreted and critically analyzed for further academic evaluation and writing. However topic 2 talks about the modern tragedies and the pessimistic minds that are increasing in number due to its influence. I loved the piece for it connected with the characters I know from my social and family life. I agree with the writer at his argument of how the tragic struggle is required to obtain inert peace and have come to discover something that might be the reason for our pessimism in this modern era; the lack of "faith".


This Piece is Contributed by Argho

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments may be moderated by Shahidul Mamun before publishing.